Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage. Pain management is essential as even when the underlying disease process is stable, uncontrolled pain prevents you from working productively, enjoying recreation, or taking pleasure in day to day life. Struggling through chronic pain problems like arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraine, headaches and nerve and muscle pain does not have to be a daily activity.
Every individual is unique, and the types of pain experienced can be equally diverse. By working with a compounding pharmacist, physicians can prescribe treatments tailored specifically to your needs. Compounding can provide alternate methods of delivery by combining the ingredients of traditional oral pain medications in,
- Topical gel/cream
- Spray form that can be applied directly to the site of pain
- Application sticks (varied in size)
- Tablet triturates
- Flavored/unflavored troches
Compounding medications for pain allows for,
- Unique delivery vehicles to be utilized (i.e. topical cream, troche, iontophoresis solutions); which makes administering the medication easier, more pleasant, and potentially more effective.
- Medicines to be concentrated based on individual need which maximizes therapeutic outcomes while reducing side effects.
- Several medications that have been shown to have modest effects individually, when combined, form a more potent & customized medication. This may speed the healing process and saving you valuable time and money.